- Monday, September 13 News of business resumption
- (日本語) IAT岩手朝日テレビ「スーパーＪチャンネル」の番組内で龍泉洞と龍泉洞の水にちなんだ商品が紹介されます
- (日本語) 岩手緊急事態宣言発令に伴う龍泉洞閉洞のお知らせ
- (日本語) 岩手めんこいテレビ「mit Live News」の番組内で龍泉洞と龍泉洞の水が紹介されます
- (日本語) ８月10日（火）増水による龍泉洞閉洞のお知らせ
Ryusendo Cave Opening hours: 10am~4pm
To prevent the infection of the covid-19, the following measures are taken in Ryusendo Cave:
- Your temperature will be measured by thermal camera. Please do not enter the cave if your temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees.
- You must wear mask. You can purchase mask in the souvenir store.
- No pets allowed and the office cannot look after your pets.
- The temperature inside the cave is around 10 degrees celcius, please bring your own jacket.
- The cave opens all year around. The cave may close due to heavy rain effect, we will notify you in the homepage.
- The Ryusendo Cave Youth Camping Village is closed.
Experience VR (virtual reality) inside the cave of Ryusendo!
It is on the official channel of Menkoi TV!
M A P
A Blue World Opening up Deep Inside the Ryusendo Cave.
Ryusen-do Cave is known as one of Japan's three greatest limestone caves and has been designated, together with bats living in the cave, as a national natural treasure.
The total length of the Cave, as far as is known is 4,088 m, of which 700 m is open to the public.
So far, eight underground lakes have been found, of which three are open to the public.
Exploration continues to this day and there is still much remaining to be investigated. The Cave is thought to extend to a total length of 5,000 m or more.
Stalactites are nature's work of art created over countless ages.
The underground lakes have brilliant blue water that is amongst the most transparent in the world.
You can be sure that even after one viewing of Ryusendo Cave, you will be left with a life-long memory.